— Susie Murphy, Color Consultant & PK Partner
The purpose of a paint color consultation is to alleviate your doubts and fears and get your home or business painted to your complete satisfaction. When you find yourself baffled by endless color possibilities, I can help!
- higher appraisal value
- properties sell faster
- properties rent faster
- pride in your property
- properties sell for more
Professional color consultants consider materials of your building, surrounding buildings, rooftop composition, glass, tile, rock, the size of the room, lighting and even historical color trends. All these details effect color and ultimately will affect our final color selections.
And my service doesn’t stop there! I’m also happy to help you tie your interior environment to our color design scheme. Let me know if you need help with selections of interior carpet, tile, countertops, flooring, wood, brick or fabrics.
Color Consultation Advantages
A carefully designed color scheme can do wonders for a formerly dull and uninteresting building or interior. It’s really a nominal, yet important additional fee to the cost of painting.
The process works like this:
Step 1. Call or email me to schedule an appointment.
Step 2. I will arrive at your home or business and spend about an hour to consult with you. We’ll examine what types of colors appeal to you and see how these colors relate to your immediate environment. I will take digital photos to document our project.
Step 3. After accessing your project I’ll be able to present you with a few color schemes for your consideration.
Step 4. Once your choice has been narrowed down, I can provide you with sample color brush-outs. These are 8x10 cards with the actual paint color painted on them. Brush-outs will help you visualize the final outcome. Or if you prefer, we can paint swatches directly onto your surface for consideration.
For simple designs, I will provide three color swatches and specifications of the main body color, major trim color, and minor trim color.
For complex designs, I will provide a specifications sheet which contains all color, finish and brand information in addition to color swatches. I will also provide you with photos of your property that are marked-up by numbers that coincide with our specification sheet. This gives our paint crew clear directions for color placement. Complex designs consist of 4 colors or more.
- Home consultation (Bay area/1 hour meeting)—$125
- Color brush out cards—$35 each
- Exteriors “simple” selection (up 3 colors)—$400
- Exteriors “complex” selection (4 colors or more)—$800+
- Interiors—Hourly color consultation is $125 for our first meeting and $100 an hour for any additional time required (after our initial meeting). Please allow a minimum of four hours for larger-scale color projects like full home interiors.
- Digital “view before you paint” Imaging is a great way to visualize colors. Once I digitally build masks for your photo we can “try on” color on in as many options as you’d like in any paint color. —$300+
* Additional requests that are in addition to our original project estimate will be billed at $100 an hour.